Volunteers are at the heart of Include-IT Mersey. We are looking for Digital Champion Volunteers to join our team and help people across the Liverpool City Region navigate the online world.
Digital Champion volunteers will help IT learners on courses with our partners and help members of the public access and make the most of technology in our digital drop-ins, which are located in key areas across the Liverpool City Region.
Digital Champion volunteers will also promote the Include-IT Mersey project, raise awareness of free IT training available to eligible members of the public and encourage them to access this training.
If you are reliable, have a friendly and proactive character and are enthusiastic about the positive effect that technology can have on someone’s life then you have the skills needed to be a Digital Champion.
You don’t need to be an expert in I.T. but you do need a basic understanding of Microsoft Office, email, video calling and the internet. However, the most important skill is to be approachable and have great communication skills.
Volunteering will predominantly take place Mondays to Fridays between the 9 and 5. The hours of volunteering will be flexible depending on the volunteer. We are looking for volunteers in the following areas:
For a more detailed look at the role of Digital Champion click here.
If you would like to speak to us or have a question, please use the below contact details.
0151 920 0726
Why volunteer for the Include-IT Mersey Project?
While we understand that time is precious, we believe that volunteering for us or volunteering, in general, can have many benefits; here are just a few:
- It can enhance your CV and improve your employability
- Improves mental health and wellbeing
- Boosts physical health – the socialisation that comes from volunteering in groups and with other people is beneficial, similar to taking part in sport (according to some studies)
- Provides a sense of purpose
- Being part of positive change – by volunteering for Include-IT Mersey you are helping people access the world of technology and helping to reduce the digital divide.